Terms & Conditions
Accommodation Terms & Conditions:
1. Payment for accommodation bookings
1.1 When making a booking by phone, in person or online I agree to the following:
(a) To provide credit card details for a non-refundable deposit of 50% to secure the booking. Only reservations made via credit card will be accepted.
(b) For internet (online) bookings, 100% payment is due at time of booking.
(c) Balance is due 30 days prior to arrival date, and will be debited from my credit card without notification at that time.
(d) Credit card details are required to make a booking.
(e) If payment is not made in full on the due date, management has the right to cancel the booking.
(f) Full payment is required at the time of booking via credit card for bookings made within 30 days of the arrival date.
1.2 Payment of the deposit via telephone or via the internet will be taken as your acceptance of these booking terms and conditions.
2. Refunds for accommodation bookings:
2.1 When cancelling a booking I acknowledge and agree that:
(a) If I cancel within 30 days of arrival date, there is a 100% cancellation fee and no refund is due to me.
(b) If I cancel before 30 days of the arrival date, I forfeit all payments made.
(c) Changing dates of booking is considered to be a cancellation.
(d) Refunds will be due to customers in circumstances such as road closures on Mt Baw Baw Rd.
(e) No refunds are given to customers due to lack of snow or bad weather conditions.
(f) No Shows will be considered as a cancellation.
(g) Cancellations are not accepted for bookings from Wotif.com.
(h) Refunds will not be given in the event of power or water outages or such events beyond our control.
2.2 Management disclaims all responsibility and accepts no liability in respect of any errors or mis-descriptions and all associated disappointment, loss, inconvenience, expense or injury caused. Without liability, we will not be responsible if the product is not available due to civil unrest, industrial disputes, and interruptions to power supply, adverse weather conditions, health risk or terrorist activity.
2.3 Management reserves the right to charge a refundable accommodation bond of $250 for all accommodation at the time of arrival. This will be done via a pre-authorisation to your nominated credit card, or an alternative credit card to be provided at the time of check in. Upon your departure, an inspection of the premises will be conducted and the pre-authorised funds will be released back to the credit card, failure to leave the premises in a suitable, clean and tidy manner will result in a cleaning fee being charged and consequently a loss of bond. This also applies to loss or damage to accommodation keys, where a $50 fee will be charged.
2.4 Management reserves the right to request that guests ‘check out’ on the day of departure prior to the designated ‘check out’ time. Failure to ‘check out’ at the designated time will result in a $50.00 per hour late check-out fee and will be charged to the guest’s credit card.
2.5 Management reserves the right to charge for any damage, breakages or theft that occurs by you or your guests during your stay.
3. Travel Insurance:
3.1 Management strongly recommends Travel Insurance to protect you against loss of personal belongings, public liability, adverse weather conditions and cancellation fees.
4. Accommodation Occupancy Conditions:
4.1 I acknowledge and agree that the following additional conditions apply:
(a) Guests must be at least 18 years old to stay without parental/guardian supervision in the Alpine Flashpackers.
(b) Guests must be at least 18 years old to stay in the Backpacker accommodation in the Alpine Flashpackers.
(e) Accommodation is to be left in a clean and tidy condition by checkout. In the event that the guest leave dishes unwashed, rubbish lying around and bathrooms unclean, a cleaning fee will be charged to the nominated credit card.
(f) All accommodation is smoke free. In the event that guests smoke or allow others to smoke, a cleaning charge of $300 shall be charged to the guests account.
(g) No pets or domestic animals of any description are allowed at the Resort. The only exception being for the all service animals.
(h) Guests occupying self-contained accommodation are required to bring sheets, pillow cases, towels, doona/blankets, tea towels, washing and personal items. Linen hire is available and must be booked and paid for prior to arrival if required.
4.2 I agree to pay and be responsible for any damage or losses caused to the bed/rooms or facility as a result of any action by myself, my guests and invites, and will immediately notify management of any such damage or loss. Failure to do so will lead to prosecution to the full extent of the law.
4.3 I agree to indemnify Southern Alpine Resort Management Board (SARMB) trading as Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort from and against all claim, suits, actions and demands made against SARMB which arise out of the use of the apartment/cabin/lodge/hotel and its facilities by myself, my guests and invitees.
4.4 To the extent permitted by law, I also release SARMB from and against all claims, suits and actions relating to my booking and use of the accommodation and its facilities.
General Privacy and Terms
SARBM are committed to respecting your online privacy and recognise the need for appropriate protection and management of information you share with us. Sensitive personal information will not be shared with any third parties except where sharing of the information is essential in delivering to you accommodation, a product or service. Information collected will be used for the purpose of accurately fulfilling your booking including any required contact where there is an issue with the booking requested/ placed.
Credit card processorsInTouch and RMS Hospitality Solutions are the third parties we use which assist us to securely and efficiently complete your booking. These companies use your information to authorise payment and book accommodation for you. Otherwise, mountbawbaw.com.au does not sell, rent, share, or transfer your personal information to third parties. The information you give us is confidential, and will not be sold or given to any individual or company or organization.
1. General Credit Card Privacy
We do not see or store your credit card information. Your details are processed directly through our payment gateway partner, where they are encrypted using Ingrian devices to provide the highest level of protection available. Ingrian devices provide tamper-resistant protection of cryptographic keys to ensure encrypted data is kept private and secure.
2. Email Newsletter Privacy
If you would like to opt out of receiving our newsletter/email after booking with us or if you signed up to receive it while visiting our site, there is a way for you to unsubscribe from it if you no longer wish to receive it. Follow the unsubscribe instructions within the newsletter or email us.
3. Sessions and Cookies
4. Security and Privacy Collection Notice
The Board respects the privacy of your personal information and uses your personal information only in accordance with its Privacy and Data Protection Policy. The Board operates and is protected by 24 hour electronic surveillance equipment. CCTV images may be recorded for the purposes of:
a) Crime prevention and detection;
b) Training and coaching of personnel;
c) Enhancing personal safety of the mountain’s community; and
d) Ensuring the accuracy of information gathered post an incident or event.
The IT Department collects your personal information for the primary purposes of managing safety and access to buildings. Your personal information may be disclosed to contracted service providers of the Board, law and regulatory enforcement agencies and where required or authorised by law.
You may have the right to access the personal information we hold about you subject to any exceptions in relevant laws, by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Advertising and Your Data
Your data such as email addresses may be used to send out advertisements or to create advertising lists to inform you of offers and services.
School and Scout Group Cancellation Policy:
1. The standard CABS cancellation policy is not always appropriate for school groups, who are invoiced for their trip rather than paying when booking. Special additional conditions apply;
(a) When booking, schools make an estimate of student numbers and then adjust this as their trip approaches. Schools should notify the school coordinator of any significant number changes as soon as known.
(b) Schools must provide final confirmation of student numbers 14 days in advance of trip when invoicing commences. Payment due before the trip.
(c) Any reductions in students’ numbers after this date may be charged a 100% cancellation fee for the reduction in numbers, or the minimum whole lodge booking rate as indicated by the lodge
(d) If the school cancels a trip (for non-COVID related reasons) the following fees due to lost revenue may be invoiced at the discretion of the lodge;
- 50% cancellation fee within 21 days or less of the trip date
- 100% cancellation fee within 14 days or less of the trip date
General Product Terms and Conditions:
1. Estore or in-person purchases
(a) Amendments – we will consider amending your booking at your request, excluding lessons or other activities which have been allocated staff or will incur a loss of income if amended, if the amendment request is sent 14 business days prior to your trip by email.
- We do not guarantee that we can or will amend your booking – repeated calls or emails will not increase the speed at which we can respond to your request. Please send a single email and we will get in touch with you.
b) Cancellations: Any change request, no show, or failure to use product within 14 business days of booking, or on the day or booking, is considered a cancellation.
- Cancellations requests prior to 30 days of arrival date, if approved, will be issued as credit only.
- Cancellations within 30 days of initial booking arrival date are non-refundable. The Resort may consider amendment or credit – as per sections (a) and (c)
c) Credit / refund requests – we will consider your refund request for reasonable circumstances but do not guarantee refund. You must submit a request via the refund request form supplied.
- We will consider credit or refunds for all genuine medical grounds which impact your ability to travel and may ask for evidence
- Mt Baw Baw reserves the right to issue credit for eStore and in person transactions – where credit is issued – we do not consider further requests for refund.
- Where a refund is issued, we reserve the right to issue refund minus transaction fees and admin fees as outlined (d) below
d) Administration, loss of income and transaction fees
- Mt Baw Baw reserves the right to charge a $20 administration fee for amendment requests by email and a $40 administration fee for requests made via phone, per call or request.
- Mt Baw Baw reserves the right to charge a fee of up to 50% of the total value of the sale to cover losses incurred when bookings are cancelled, at it’s discretion.
- Mt Baw Baw reserves right to withhold an amount of up to to 3.5% or $40 (whichever is greater) from credit/refunds to cover transaction fees and processing administration costs.
Mt Baw Baw Snow Guarantee:
Mt Baw Baw offers a Snow Guarantee in select areas utilising out TechnoAlpin, Weiss, and Snowgun technologies.
1. The snow guarantee applies at minimum to the following areas: Hut Run to Tower 2 for beginner skiing and snowboarding & lessons; a section of the toboggan park; where possible an area for snow play will also be included.
2. Customers are advised to take responsibility when booking and check the cameras to see the snow conditions around the village, and read snow reports for conditions on the slopes.
The Resort will consider all reasonable requests for reschedule, credit and refund where the customers abide by the following guidelines:
- Customers are required to inform the resort as soon as possible if COVID-19 isolation requirements or government restrictions impact your ability to attend your booking.
- Customers should provide specific information on persons/s impacted and reasons that the booking cannot be attended.
Where private lodges or businesses are involved further policies may apply. For services that incur costs we reserve the right to apply our General Refund Policies at our discretion.
It is your responsibility to read and understand our Terms & Conditions.
All guests booked into self-catering accommodation are required to supply their own bedding/linen etc.
Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort recommends those travelling from interstate or abroad purchase travel insurance to cover the loss of monies in the event of unforeseen impacts to travel.
Daily Snow Reports
For the latest snow conditions, events, discounts, news and information subscribe to our newsletter or 6am Snow and Lift Report.