Emergency Management Planning at Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort
Southern Alpine Resort Management Board (SARMB) has a responsibility to plan, respond and assist with recovery in the event of an emergency affecting its community. A Municipal Emergency Management Planning Committee has been established and produced a Municipal Emergency Management Plan (MEMP) in conjunction with the Victoria State Emergency Service and pursuant to the Emergency Management Act 1986 and Emergency Management Act 2013.
The MEMP for SARMB has been developed for Lake Mountain and Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resorts to meet the legislative requirements.
The aim of the MEMP is to detail the agreed arrangements for the planning, prevention, response and recovery from emergencies that could occur in the Lake Mountain and Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resorts.
- Ensure that emergency management is organised within a structure that facilitates planning, preparedness, operational coordination and community participation;
- Implement measures to prevent or reduce the causes or effects of emergencies;
- Manage arrangements for the utilisation and implementation of resources in response to emergencies;
- Manage support that may be provided from adjoining municipalities and other agencies;
- Assist the affected community to recover following an emergency; and
- Complement other local, regional and state planning arrangements.
For your copy, access via this link: Municipal Emergency Management Plan
For further information on emergencies, contact email@example.com