Option 1 - Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road
Beautiful mountain forest drive. Most visitors from Melbourne take this route, travel time from Melbourne CBD is approximately 2.5 hours.
- The turn off from the Princes Hwy (M1) is at the Drouin / Mt Baw Baw exit
- Continue along via Noojee along the Main Neerim Rd (C426)
- Follow this road through Noojee where it will then follow into the Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road (C426)
- Travel through Icy Creek and Tanjil Bren before reaching the resort gates
- Last major fuel stop is in Neerim South (24hrs) or Neerim Junction
The tourist drive is so very picturesque but is curvy. Stop off via the beautiful old town of Noojee where you can have a quick break, snack or lunch. Along this route chain hire and fitting is available for hire at Noojee, Tanjil Bren, Icy Creek and Resort Entry.